The Benefits of Second
It may come as a surprise, but a double storey extension might be more cost effective than you think, especially in comparison to a ground floor extension. Most of the financial concerns that come with ground floor additions are effectively negated by building upward and adding a 2nd floor, concerns such as:
- Avoiding poor access to the property for excavation and construction machinery
- Impact on foundations by trees
- Sloping of the land (can affect excavation)
- The presence of established gardens, sheds, decks and patios
- Reduction of recreational space for kids, pets, entertaining, etc.